Monday, June 22, 2015

Curriculum: Art History


I finally completed a project that has been in the works for a while. I have planned out all of my lessons for the coming school year based on the year-long unit "Art History". 


I made two lesson grids to keep organized this year; one with descriptions and one with pictures. You don't know how many times I write some obscure description and not remember what that was supposed to look like at all. 

I color-coded the projects by media so that I could make sure every grade level gets a variety of experience. Sometimes I can get into the rut of using the same materials for every project and that makes no one happy. 

I also left December and May open. With snow days, holidays, and half days, I'll need those times for classes to catch up. I'll be sure to post some fun one-day activities for those days. :)

I'm sure a lot of those pictures look familiar. I spent hours scavenging the internet for art history projects and snatched images when I found them. This is just for me to know what I'm talking about and it's not intended to be published. My next goal is to make an online version of this with clickable pictures that take you to the websites from which these images were pulled so that you can read about the process there. When I have that done, I'll post it on my Curriculum tab. For now, you can use my PDF versions of these on my Google Drive. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment