Thursday, October 25, 2012

4th Grade Non-Objective


this is one of my lessons from last year, you can view project details here. it's weird to me that I taught the same lesson, the same way, same materials, same amount of time, but I only had a handful of nice works with this group. at the other school, almost all of them were gorgeous. these kids don't seem to be as motivated to do their best and that makes me sad. hopefully their attitudes will change as we learn how to work together.
 however, this last one is perfect! she really took her time and made some good decisions. wonderful work!

This lesson is available online, use what you want!

3 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged. That's the reality of being in rural schools like ours...sometimes the kids just don't care and no matter how you present the lesson or how hard to try to get them to do their best, their artwork still comes out not looking as satisfactory as you would have liked...I'm still trying to figure out ways to get them more motivated...I'm fixing to start a grading system...not for report cards or anything..but just for the sole reason of collecting data...maybe if they know i'm doing that it might help? Idk...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hope Q! We have graded all of our artwork with a rubric so far. I didn't tell the, we were grading before, but now that they now maybe they'll work harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies,
    It IS hard to motivate some of these kids! I know the feeling so very much, and sadly, I have some classes that have too many behavior/bully/social issues to really do much with them at all. BUT, I know we all have those wonderful students as well that are sooo excited everyday they have art!

    Motivation is a funny thing to figure out, but once we all hit on the mark, the rewards will be great! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete